Submit an Article
Each issue of GEOSTRATA focuses on one theme, explored in four to five feature articles. Each issue’s theme and articles are determined approximately 6-8 months in advance of the cover date.
To submit an article for possible publication in the magazine, please send a 100-200 word abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org. GEOSTRATA is not a journal, and is written in a conversational tone which does not include footnotes and/or references.
- January/February 2018 – Geophysical applications
- March/April 2018 – Soft ground geotechnics
- May/June 2018 – Addressing infrastructure needs
- July/August 2018 – Case history and forensics
- September/October 2018 – Unconventional fill materials
- November/December 2018 – National landmarks and treasures
Submitting Information For CoreBits
CoreBits is the news and information section of the GEOSTRATA magazine. Each bi-monthly issue contains information about G-I News, G-I Members in the News, G-I Organizational Member news, G-I Chapter News, Allied Organization News, and General Industry News.
To submit information and high-resolution photos for CoreBits, send your brief (<200 words) news items about recent member honors, awards, special appointments, promotions, etc. to email@example.com. Photos must be sent as separate pdf, tif, or jpeg files and must not be embedded in the copy.
Do not send:
- Press Releases longer than 200 words
- Information about non-Geo-Institute members, unless he or she is an employee of a Geo-Institute Organizational Member company
- Corporate sales announcements about products or services
- Sales-oriented copy